- According to Gallup, there are 3 levels of engagement among employees.
- Engaged employees have a strong commitment to the company and want to move the organization in the right direction.
- Disengaged employees lack passion and neglect to put energy into their work.
- Actively disengaged employees are totally detached from the workplace goals and and publicly vocalize their dissatisfaction in the office.
- The sad truth is that most American workers are disengaged, 52% of them.
So what can we do about this?
Make sure your employees know what is expected of them. This means that they understand their goals. They know how what they do serves the goal. They know how the goal serves the organization’s success. And, they know what is required to build and maintain strong and interdependent relationships.
Give them tools to be successful, and provide frequent recognition for a job well done.