FREE PDF Report and Monthly Newsletter with the Trust results of 2834 Senior HR Responses To Our Survey “Is Team Building A Waste of Time?” Download your FREE PDF with this link.
One of the most damaging conditions to the health of teams is low trust.
The signs are:
- sluggish engagement,
- collaboration doesn’t gel,
- Being at work feels painful.
We have identified five stages to transform teams from to low to high trust.
Stage one: Assess trust
- Take an honest look at how team behavior is contributing to trust.
- Use a researched-based and validated 360 Team Survey to assess the entire group’s level of trust.
- Don’t isolate individuals.
Stage two: Catalyze Understandings
- Engage team members in a courageous understanding of behaviors build trust and behaviors that will cause problems and erode trust.
- Get everyone on the same page with a good baseline understanding in an non-threatening and fun way.
Stage Thee: Address Trust
- Openly discuss the collective group’s assessment results.
- Compare survey results with behaviors that build trust.
- Solicit more feedback about specific behaviors that would rebuild trust.
- Through consensus facilitation – Select two or three behaviors for the team to work on.
Stage Four: Practice and Assess
- With discipline, high-trust behaviors become a part of team norms
- Talk honestly about needs, uncertainty and vulnerabilities.
Stage Five: Anchoring Positive Change
- Ensure that clarity of goals, roles and responsibilities is standard practice.
- Integrate team desired behaviors into coaching plans and performance reviews.
- Telling team stories about successful trust improvements proves how better behavior makes a difference.
- Connect communication training to trust building outcomes.
Here’s to your trust building success!
Here are sharing links for you if you want to share with your friends and social networks.
http ://youtu.be/yCLulyCfMrg (Be sure to remove the space between http and : when you share)
Embed code for your blog or websites:
<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/yCLulyCfMrg?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>